It’s that dreaded time to change your blades again. The last blades you bought weren’t very good and you ended up angry with your scroll saw, even though it was really the fault of the blades you used. You don’t want to go down that road again, so what do you do?
There are so many blades out there, it can certainly be overwhelming to select scroll blades and know that you’ve made a good choice. Whether you’re looking for skip tooth blades, double tooth blades, spiral blades, or something else, your saw blades do matter.
Don’t worry! That’s why we’re here! We’ve done the hard work of sorting through an endless array of options so that you don’t have to. When it comes to finding the best blades for scroll saw for your needs, we’ve got you covered. We have 6 scroll saw blades to share with you today.
Stick with us to find the best scroll saw blades and figure out which one is right for you.
View The 5 Best Scroll Saw Blades on the Market Below
When it comes to choosing the best saw blades, this is your go-to resource for finding a variety of saw blade options that are all reliable quality. In the following reviews, we will share information about how these blades cut as well as their teeth designs. We will share what’s to love and what to watch for in these open and honest reviews.
Let’s get started.
1. Olson Saw Blades – Pin End
These scroll saw blades from Olson Saw are some of the best options out there. Olson is a reliable brand that many of us saw owners turn to for a reliable blade product. This is a variety pack that contains several tooth blade options, including 15 teeth per inch as well as 10 and 18.5 tooth blades as well.
These blades are optimal for scroll saw types that require 5″ pinned blades. This scroll saw blade selection is well-made and you get 18 total blades so you have plenty of scroll blade choices on hand for your needs. These blades are precision ground and are manufactured in the USA.
On this particular product, there is not a lot of extraneous information, however, you can quickly look at any Olson saw blades and see that they are reliable and durable saw blades that will be well worth the investment to purchase them. These are affordable and well-made.
- Best overall scroll saw blades in our reviews
- Pin end scroll saw blades
- Multiple tooth blade choices in one pack
- Reliable brand that’s been producing blades for over a century
- Limited information available in regards to this particular package option
Why We Like It
This blade made its way as our top overall pick because it can be used for almost any scroll saw needs. It’s affordably priced and it comes with several different options to give you a variety to work with. We know and trust this brand to put out great blade choices.
2. Skil 80181 Scroll Saw Blade Set, 18-Pack
Skil 80181 scroll saw blades come in a nice variety pack as one of the best options you will find. These offer a smooth cut every time and give you several reliable choices when you need them. This is an 18-pack but you can also choose a 36-pack if you prefer.
This pack includes crown tooth, plain end, and skip tooth blade choices to give you a bit of everything. These are precision ground and be perfect for cutting anything intricate and decorative. You will find that this pack includes 15 teeth per inch as well as 18.5 and 20 tooth blade options.
These blades are best for cutting wood and plastics. They might work well with soft metals as well but they are not recommended for most metals. These are lightweight and made with sturdy materials. They come from another reliable scroll saw blade brand that always provides the best.
- Multiple tooth blades variety pack
- Precise and sturdy blades
- Plain end blades
- Designed for wood and plastic cut needs
- Premium saw blades at an affordable price
- The vibration experienced with this blade option might be higher than expected
Why We Like It
This option made its way into our top selections because it comes with a variety of choices. You get several options for a decent price. This brand is known for sturdy blade manufacturing. They are precise and efficient and compatible with the most common materials used.
3. Flying Dutchman Spiral Blades Scroll Saw Blade Variety Pack
Flying Dutchman is another valuable set of variety of scroll saw blades that are the best. These are premium options have earned their place among the best blades on the market. These cut nice and smooth and are sturdy and reliable. These are spiral by design rather than skip tooth blades. You will also notice that there is no teeth count because of that design.
These come in different sized options for any cut and you get a total of 5 sizes to choose from. These are all 5 inches long and pinless by design. Each blade type has 6 of that same set of blades so you’re getting 60 blades with with pack. You will notice they cut smoothly in any direction and they don’t require you to manually rotate everything like skip tooth blades do.
These are milled blades which make them sharper on the cut edge. These are also manufactured in Germany, using high-quality hardened steel. They are durable and sturdy and will not just snap or break easily. They should last for quite some time.
- Spiral blade option
- Sturdy saw blades
- Made with high-quality hardened steel
- Multiple blade sizes included
- Milled blades for a sharper cut edge
- The blades sometimes break easily during the blade changing process
Why We Like It
This choice is unique. It’s a spiral blade so it is unlike most of the common ones you see out there. It’s sturdy and is made with hardened steel to last. It has a nice sharp edge and also comes with multiple sizes so give you versatility when you need it.
4. Ryobi 15 Teeth Regular Scroll Saw Blades
If you need something reliable and affordable, check out this budget-friendly scroll saw blades option from Ryobi . Ryobi is known for its tools, they offer quality products at lower prices. These blades are regular tooth blades so they don’t have specialty options like crown tooth or skip tooth blade sets might.
These blades have pinned ends to make them versatile and to allow them to fit many different scroll saw types. This is a 4-piece set that comes in 15 teeth designs. They are best used for wood and plastic cut types. You can try them on soft metals but we recommend sticking to the suggested materials.
These blades are absolutely some of the best blade choices for general cutting needs. You can pay less and get nearly the same results for your scroll saw needs. We like the reliability and the durability of these inexpensive scroll saw blades.
- 4-pack of scroll saw blades
- 15 teeth per inch
- Best for general cutting needs (wood and plastic)
- Sturdy and durable materials
- Pinned standard 5-inch blades
- Not a lot of variety or different types of blades in this package.
Why We Like It
We chose this blade because it’s affordable and reliable. These work great for general cutting when you just need a simple solution. There is not a lot of variety here but rather reliability and guaranteed standard usage needs.
5. Olson FR49202 Reverse Tooth Scroll Saw Blades, 36-Pack
Here is another quality blade set option from Olson. These are reverse skip teeth blades and therefore have a totally different design and build to them. You get 3 different TPI assortments and a total of 36 blade sets overall. These are lightweight while also being sturdy and reliable scroll saw blades.
These are made to cut fast and give you a clearance for chips that you simply don’t get with most options. They are equipped with splinter-free finish on the tops and bottoms. You really can’t go wrong with these and the reverse skip tooth design.
If you’re looking for another of the best scroll saw blade options, these are optimal for multiple material choices and cuts. They should work on metal, wood, or plastic. These will be valuable for just about any project you may be working on.
- Well-made scroll saw blades
- Multiple teeth settings
- Reliable blade materials
- 36-pack of assorted blade options
- Made from a quality company
- While these say they can cut various materials, they tend to be somewhat brittle and break on harder materials.
Why We Like It
This brand simply doesn’t let you down. We could probably list options from them for all of our picks, but what fun would that be? These are sturdy and reliable and you get 36-assorted options so you really can’t go wrong with this package.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Different Types of Scroll Saw Blades?
There are many different types of blades. Here are a few of the most common.
- Crown Tooth blades
- Reverse Skip
- Skip Tooth
- Double Tooth
- Precision Ground
- Standard Tooth
What are Spiral Scroll Saw Blades Used For?
Spiral blade options allow you to cut better in all directions without ever having to turn your wood or project piece. These should be used only for special needs as they tend to be rough and are challenged by tight corners.
How Long Do Scroll Saw Blades Last?
Scroll saw blades will typically last for 15-45 minutes of continual use, depending on how you use them. If you only use them a few minutes, you should be able to use them several times. How the blades are tension set as well as the operating speed can impact this lifespan.
No matter what type of scroll saw you have, there are reliable and affordable blade options out there for everyone. It’s best to have a stockpile of blades of all sizes and types so you always have what you need on hand. All of the blades here were carefully selected based on their quality and capabilities.
We hope that you find this guide to be a valuable resource for choosing scroll saw blades and knowing where you can look to find the very best options available!
Best Scroll Saw Buyer’s Guide
We’ve put together a list of the top rated scroll saw options on the market and we’re here to share them with you!
- The product is Easy installation and easy handling, easy to use and highly durable
- Scroll Saw Blade for precise sawing of hard/soft wood, plastic, copper and other soft metals
- Made from corrosion-resistant SK5 Japanese carbon steel for increased strength and longevity
- For machines that require 5in. pin end blades.
- Perfect Replacement For WEN 3921 3922 3923, Dremel, TACKLIFE, Shop Fox, SKIL, Rikon, Sears Craftsman, Penn State, Delta, Ryobi SC165VS and all 15in. and 16in
- 5 Inch Plain End Scroll Saw Blade Set
- Includes: (12 Pack) with 28 teeth per inch, (12 Pack) with 12 teeth per inch, (12 Pack) 10 teeth per inch
- FOXBC scroll blades are designed for the professional craftsman who needs sharp, long lasting blades.
- Scroll Saw Blade are precision sharpened for easy cutting of fine, intricate shapes.
- Offered in a variety of TPI and widths, these blades are recommended for cutting most woods, plastics and non ferrous metals.
- The product is Easy installation and easy handling
- The product is manufactured in USA
- The product is easy to use and highly durable
- Cuts in hard/soft wood and plastic
- For machines that require 5" pinned blades