There is a saw for every project under the sun. In this case, we are talking about landscaping and tree care. When it comes to keeping your trees and bushes trimmed and looking great for the neighborhood (and yourself), you need to be equipped with the best pruning saw available.
There are many different types of pruning saws out there. How can you possibly choose the best pruning saws and know you are getting a good option? Well, that’s why we’re here! We’ve sorted through all of the options out there and we think you will be pleased with the results.
We’ve narrowed down the top rated pruning saws to our top choices. Our goal is to present you with the best pruning saw options available. We will share several selections, with many different characteristics. Whether you need a folding saw or a hand saw, there is bound to be an option here that is suitable for you.
Stick with us to find the best pruning saw for trees and bushes today.
View The Top Rated Pruning Saws on the Market Below
In the following sections, we will share with you pruning saw choices that have met specific criteria to be labeled among the best pruning saw options on the market. We will share detailed reviews that include pros and cons as well as why we like each one in a complete pruning saw review format.
1. Corona Razor Tooth Folding Pruning Saw
This folding saw is equipped with a curved blade and an ergonomic handle to bring you the best comfort. This folding hand saw has a 13-inch Japanese steel blade that is impulse hardened and will stand up against even the most challenging heavy-duty needs.
This blade from Corona weighs less than a pound and is comfortable to use and manage in your hand. In terms of hand saws, it doesn’t get much better than the quality hand tree saws that Corona puts out. This option is one of the best pruning saws you will find.
You can use these folding saws on branches up to 7 inches in diameter. The blade is coated in chrome to make it more comfortable to use and also to improve the overall efficiency of the pruner saw while in use. The impulse hardened teeth are durable and long-lasting and also provide more cutting power.
- Razor teeth design for prolonged sharpness
- Designed for hand comfort during use
- Long curved blade for efficiency
- Designed to be reliable and durable
- Our top pick on the market
- You may need to tighten the screws occasionally to prevent them vibrating loose
Why We Like It
We like this saw blade because it has a long curved blade that is high-quality and reliable. Saw Corona options are reliable and cut branches with sharp and sturdy teeth and a comfortable non slip grip. These come at a great price for the quality.
2. Fiskars 15-inch Pruning Saw
Fiskars is a well-known hand saw brand that many professionals turn to and it falls into our categories for the best pruning saw choices. This saw stands out because it is a lightweight trimming saw with a curved blade and also because it has a lifetime warranty.
This pruning saw offers triple ground cuts for efficient speed during use. The blade is 15 inches instead of the the common 13 inch blade that many turn to. This is perfect for large branches and also firm hand control that makes the hand saw stand out.
The blade has impulse hardened teeth and a non slip grip. The steel blade is built to last. If your goal is to move quick and seamlessly, this is a really great option that earned its spot as one of our best pruning saw choices.
- Triple ground teeth for speed
- Curved blade that is plenty long
- Non slip grip for hand control and comfort
- Stays sharp longer
- Includes a lifetime warranty
- The labels on each side of the blade leave a sticky residue behind
Why We Like It
We chose this option because it truly fits the needs of being one of the best pruning saws on the market. In terms of hand saws, this one is sturdy and unique. It’s made for power and efficiency and also heavy duty use and non slip comfort. You really can’t beat the easy life time warranty on the product also.
3. Corona Razor Tooth Folding Hand Saw
Here is another Corona option that comes as a folding pruning saw. In terms of folding saws, this one really stands out in quality and blade design. This particular option comes with a 10-inch curved steel blade and stands out among folding saws for its durability and efficiency.
This Corona folding hand saw has a non slip grip that is comfortable in your hand and it is easy to use. It is lightweight at less than a pound, compared to heavier saws. This folding saw is curved but you can also choose other sizes or even multi-packs of the same folding saw.
This folding pruning saw is equipped with 3-sided razor teeth that can handle up to 6 inches in diameter and also includes impulse hardened teeth in the design as well. When it comes to pruning saws, this is another option that stands out at the top of the game.
- Folding pruning saw that is comfortable and efficient
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Heavy-duty and great for medium-sized branches and limbs
- Blade latches and closes for safety
- Teeth are designed to cut twice as fast
- The blade tends to dull quickly and will need sharpened when used a lot
Why We Like It
This Corona hand saw made its way into our top choices because it offers a reliable and safe folding pruning saw that is versatile and also reliable. The power and length almost make it comparable to a pole saw as far as overall capability is concerned.
4. Tabor Tools Pruning Saw with Sheath
This option from Tabor Tools is another of our favorites in the choices of best pruning saws. When it comes to saws, Tabor Tools knows their stuff. This straight blade pruning saw is simple and reliable and comes with a sheath for safety and storage as well.
This pruning saw has a 10-inch blade instead of the common 13-inch blade option and is capable of handling different types of pruning needs. It is efficient and easy to use while also being comfortable and reliable. It has thumb support on the handle and can be used for heavy-duty and light use also.
This lightweight saw could easily be used as a survival tool and stored in a backpack or vehicle for handling trails and paths. It has sturdy razor teeth and is also reliable as far as pruning saws go. It can handle branches up to 4 inches in diameter.
- A trustworthy pruning saw brand
- One of the best straight pruning saws
- Handles up to 4-inch diameter smoothly
- Sharp teeth that are efficient
- Comfortable and simple to use
- This saws sheath can be challenging to remove. Use caution to avoid injury
Why We Like It
In terms of types of pruning saws, this provides a reliable straight-blade option that won’t let you down. It’s comfortable and efficient and also the perfect size for taking on the go if needed. It is best for light to medium pruning saw needs and comes with a safety sheath as well.
5. Rexbeti Folding Pruning Saw Heavy Duty
Here, we present you with another folding hand saw that stands apart when compared to other pruning saws. This options made its way into the best pruning saws because it is again unique and reliable when it comes to saws. This is a straight blade saw that is also a folding hand saw.
This folding hand saw option has a slightly shorter blade at 11 inches but the straight blade has hard teeth and steel materials that won’t let you down. These saws work well for heavy-duty use and can handle limbs and branches up to 7 inches in diameter.
This saw is designed to be aggressive and smooth all at the same time. For a folding hand pruning saw, it has a nice long blade as well as a long handle. This saw also comes with a lifetime warranty that you simply can’t beat. While it’s not a pole saw, it is reliably long and comfortable.
- Long design for folding saws
- Long and comfortable handle
- Durable hand saws by design
- Well-made pruning saws that are efficient and sturdy
- Designed for heavy duty use
- The blade dulls fairly quickly and will require regular sharpening
Why We Like It
This this pruning saw might require more sharpening than we like it still remains one of the best pruning saw choices in the realm of saws. It is comfortable with considerable length considering the folding design. It is sturdy and reliable for heavy-duty use. We like the quality and the affordability.
6. Notch 40207 Pole Saw Set
We thought it important to provide with a pruning pole saw choice amidst our best pruning saw selections. These saws are designed for extended length. They are a bit heavier but they provide you with more reach when you need it. In terms of saws, this is a good saw option with interlocking poles.
This saw is used by professionals across the country. It is reliable and sturdy. The blade is designed for fast pull-cutting action. The teeth are hardened and sharp. The intent with this pruning saw is that it remains sturdy and reliable while also being simple to use.
The poles are fiberglass material that interlocks and is comfortable and lightweight to use. The blade is slightly curved and coated with chrome to make it rust-resistant. There is also an added hook on the saw that can help you pull loose limbs down using this saw.
- Sturdy and reliable saw
- Pole saw with interlocking pieces
- Added hook on blade for pulling limbs
- Reliable and easy to use saw
- Saw designed for fast pull-cutting
- Quality control appears to be lacking and it’s possible a damaged piece will be received with this saw
Why We Like It
When it comes to the best pruning saw, having a good pole choice is important. The thing is, we can’t always reach those high spots and that is where this saw comes in handy. This pole pruning saw is easy to use and reliable. It’s easy to put together and not terribly heavy when fully extended.
7. Silky Pruning Saw, Folding Landscaping Saw
Here is another really great pruning saw option. It falls into the best pruning saws for its durability and strength. This folding saw is slightly shorter, measuring only about 8 inches in blade length. It has a blade measurement of 6 TPI and weighs only a little over 1/2 a pound.
This saw is convenient and easy to work with and even comes with a carrying case for storage and safe transport. This saw is made for light duty usage and is best as a pruning saw or for basic trimming needs. It also makes a good option that is just slightly above the capability of pruning shears.
The folding saw has a locking mechanism that will lock into place for safety. The handle has a silky rubber feel that is comfortable and feels soft and well-suited in your hands. This pruning saw cuts smoothly and efficiently and is highly recommended in the market by customers and professionals alike.
- High-quality pruning saw
- Super lightweight saw materials
- Sharp teeth that cut aggressively and quick
- Comfortable handle
- Safe folding lock that is easy to use
- The saw blade may feel thin and flimsy for some pruning needs
Why We Like It
This choice for the best pruning saw stands out to us for the overall quality and the high ratings. It’s a bit more expensive but it is very well designed overall. It is a pruning saw that is small and simple to work with and offers plenty of safety and comfort as well.
Best Folding Saw – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
Interested in folding saw too? Our guide on the best folding saws is perfect for you.
A Buyer’s Guide to the Best Pruning Saw
When it comes to choosing the best pruning saw on the market, there are some things you should know before you buy. For example, what type of blade or design do you want and why? You may need to have multiple options if you do a lot of mixed trimming.
A pruning saw and it’s qualities can vary by design and build. While we have provided you with only the best choices here, we also think it is important for you to know what to look for as you make an informed decision.
Here are a few things you should know before you buy.
What are Your Trimming Needs?
First and foremost, you should be aware of what your pruning needs are going to be. A pruning saw can have different types of blades but it can also be folding or fixed and that’s another thing to keep in mind. Are you purchasing something simply for pruning the same trees and bushes in your yard?
Consider the size of the limbs you will be trimming and the overall versatility and functionality that you need.
One of the most important things to consider is the design of the blade. You will find that curved blades and straight blades fit into different aspects of trimming. You might even find that you need both a curved and a straight option to have on hand.
These blades work differently for various aspects of pruning and it is important to understand their differences. Straight blades tend to have a long reach while curved blades often work better in tight spaces.
Be sure that you choose a blade that will accommodate the size of branch you might be trimming. Remember that not all blades can handle all diameters and measurements the same.
Another important consideration for users is the length that will be needed. For the most part, you will find lengths that vary anywhere from 8 to 15 inches, depending on the saw in question. Be sure to look over the products and compare the lengths in order to fit your needs.
Make sure you have the appropriate length for the cutting that you will be doing. A common recommendation is that your blade is around double the size of the branch you will be cutting. The longer the blade is, the thicker branch that it can handle. It is acceptable to use long blades for small branches as well.
Your other option is pole saws. These have the same concept but give you an extra long reach with an extended pole handle.
Keep in mind that you will be holding this saw in your hand for extended lengths of time. You might be trimming only a couple branches or spots or you may be spending hours holding that thing at a time.
You will notice that many handles are slightly curved. This gives you the chance to get a firm and comfortable grip. You will have a hold that is easy and simple with these designs. We recommend that you look for ergonomic designs and curved handles for the comfort aspect.
While quality is the primary thing, you want to be comfortable while you are using the saw in question.
The thing about pruning saws is that the prices can vary across the board. On a positive note, these are affordable tools that shouldn’t cost a lot no matter what you go with. In the concept of “you get what you pay for”, this is true of pruning saw choices as well.
Keep in mind that you don’t have to break the bank to get a quality option. These saws are not overly expensive even for the highest quality choices. You will want something that is efficient as well as durable so that you’re not replacing it again next year.
Sometimes, the best things are worth the added cost and this is one of those times.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Pruning Saw?
A pruning saw is a handheld saw that was designed for trimming branches, trees, and bushes. There are multiple sizes and styles but the intention is to maintain your trees and bushes each year as needed.
How to Use a Pruning Saw?
Pruning saws are made for trimming branches. Be sure that the saw you are using is compatible with the branches you are trimming. Different designs and sizes work differently throughout the process. Always have a safe and comfortable grip and always cut in a downward motion near the branch collar.
What is the Best Hand Saw for Cutting Trees?
Our favorite option is the Corona saw shared at the beginning of our reviews. However, you can never go wrong with Fiskars brand hand saws either. Many professionals turn to these options for reliability and versatility.
How Do You Maintain a Pruning Saw?
Always be sure your blade is sharp before using the saw. You may need to sharpen it or possibly even replace the blade. Keep the blade clean and free of rust. You may use WD-40 or citrus cleaners to remove rust and residue. Clean the blade after every use and oil the blade regularly as well.
When it comes to finding the very best option for pruning saws for your needs, it is important to know and understand what your needs will be. We have provided several really great options here and we hope at least one of them is what you are looking for.
Be sure to know and understand what you will be using your saw for so you can be sure that you choose one that will work for your needs. Happy trimming!
Don’t trim or cut branches that are growing straight up. Doing so can cause the cut to hold excess moisture that will eventually lead to your tree rotting.
Did you know?
Did you know that you should never trim more than 1/4 of a tree or bush’s living branches in one season? If your tree needs more extensive trimming, you may need to spread it out over a few years in order to protect and preserve your tree.
- 3 SIDED RAZOR TEETH FOR EFFICIENT CUTTING: 10" blade is ideal for cutting 5" - 6" diameter, small to medium, branches
- ERGONOMICALLY DESIGNED, COMFORTABLE, CO-MOLDED HANDLE: Provides a comfortable grip for extended use
- EASY TO LATCH BLADE PREVENTS INJURY WHEN NOT IN USE: Folding blade is curved, taper-ground, and replaceable
- IMPULSE HARDENED TEETH FOR LONG SERVICE LIFE: Extends the life of the tool season after season
- UP TO 6 TEETH PER INCH AND CURVED BLADE DESIGN FOR FASTER CUTTING: Cuts are smoother and quicker than a traditional saw.
- REMOVES 2X MORE MATERIAL: RazorTOOTH saw technology; 18” blade is ideal for cutting branches up to 9-10” in diameter
- MAXIMUM SHARPNESS: Each tooth is triple-ground, providing multi-faceted angles to maximize efficiency of cuts and removal of wood
- UNBEATABLE STRENGTH: High carbon Japanese SK5 steel blade provides exceptional hardness
- EXTREME DURABILITY: Impulse-hardened teeth and a heat-treated blade make it last season after season
- SMOOTH ACTION: Chrome finish coat provides Smooth cutting action and blade resilience
- ★ 【 Founded in California in 2010 】 - Hanida is one of the earliest R&D teams for wood reciprocating saw blade products. In 2010, the company launched the world's first wood reciprocating saw blade with wear resistance, heat resistance and super hard properties. This is a unique new metal material material technology.
- ★ [ Package Includes and Application ] - 5 x 9" 5TPI, 7 x 6" 6TPI reciprocating saw blade. Different sizes to meet your different needs. 0.059 inch ultra-thick thickness is used for extreme applications. Our reciprocating pruning saw blades are suitable for outdoor garden pruning, wood cutting, tree pruning and plastic pipe cutting. can cut rough/burning wood and other wood with a thickness of 0---6.89inch.
- ★ [ Rugged and durable ] - High-quality CRV heat treatment makes our saw blades very suitable for wood and trimming tools, and has a service life of more than 2 times that of ordinary HCS reciprocating saw blades. Our wood pruning reciprocating saw blade has excellent pruning ability, fast cutting speed, long service life, accurate and smooth cutting, very labor-saving.
- ★ [ Universal Handle ] - Hanida pruning blades are suitable for all brands of reciprocating saw tools, such as Milwaukee serrated saws, DeWalt, Bosch, Makita, Black&Decker, Porter Cable, Skil, Ryobi, Hitachi, Metabo, etc.
- ★ [ Efficient service guarantee ] - We will provide you with the service of replacing products and refunding for life. If you have any questions about reciprocating saw blade, we will respond to you within 24 hours and provide you with a solution.