A miter saw is typically designed to be placed on a foundational setting of your choice but the truth is that it is so much easier to maneuver and stabilize with a miter saw stand. You can certainly use a miter saw without a stand but if you need any type of mobility or versatility, you may want to consider the best miter saw stand to meet your needs.
The stand does far more than just hold your miter saw. It’s an invaluable accessory that offers you convenience, functionality, and accessories that you don’t get with the saw alone. There are a lot of stands out there to consider. We think it’s important to know your best options.
That’s why we’re here! We’ve searched through all of the mitre saw stands out there and we are here to share those miter saw stands with you so you can choose from the selection and determine which would be the best for your needs.
The 5 Best Miter Saw Stand Reviews
We’ve narrowed down our miter saw with stand selections to share with you the 5 best miter saw options. These are some of the top rater miter saw stands you will find out there and we think you will be pleased with your selection of miter saw stand choices here.
Let’s get started!
1. DeWalt DWX726 Miter Stand with Wheels
This top rated miter saw stand is our best overall choice. It really doesn’t get better than the Dewalt DWX726 mitre saw with stand. This pairs perfectly with a Dewalt miter saw but could be easy to offer support for other models as well.
Dewalt saw tables are not new to the market and they have long had a positive reputation. This one is not quite as heavy duty as the Dewalt DWX723. While Dewalt DWX723 can hold up to 400 pounds of weight, this one is designed to hold a max weight of about 300 pounds. Just know that you can upgrade if you need the weight capacity support of Dewalt DWX723 instead.
This stand is strong enough for most miter saws and the jobs you might complete with them. The mounting rails of this saw stand are adjustable and versatile. It is on wheels and it folds up so you can move it around if needed. This stand weighs about 67 pounds and provides 8 feet of material support.
- Top rated miter saw stands in our book
- Has a decent weight capacity if you make sure you’re within the limits
- Pneumatically assisted raise and lower features
- Easy to set to Dewalt and other brands
- Wheels are easy to maneuver on job sites
- It seems to be challenging to get this miter saw stand to close
- The weight capacity and feet of material support are slightly limited
Why We Like It
The Dewalt DWX726 miter saw stand is our favorite because we like the overall versatility and reliability. It’s easy to use and easy to set to your needs. In terms of the best miter saw stands, this one truly stands out.
2. Wen MSA330 Collapsible Rolling Miter Saw Stand
In this miter saw stand review, you will find our budget pick for the best miter saw stand. This one is more affordable than a lot of the options out there so if your budget is limited but you still want something great, give this option a try. This one is slim and simple but still has wheels for mobility purposes.
This miter saw stand is universally designed to hold just about any miter saw you may own. You do not have to have the matching brand. It has a heavy duty steel material frame and legs that support your saw almost 3 feet off the ground. This stand even has onboard outlets so you can plug your miter saws in as needed.
You can experience material support up to 79 inches (getting closer to 16 feet), which is actually more than the Dewalt saw stand we shared above. This miter saw stand comes with a 2-year warranty. It is easy to use and holds up well. The material can support weight of up to 330 pounds for your miter saws and other materials on the saw stand.
- Universal mounting brackets to most miter saws
- Budget-friendly option with great features
- Includes rubber wheels for folded mobility
- Weight capacity up to 330 pounds
- Extended material support length
- The table must be set just right for stability
- While this has wheels, you must separate the miter saw stand from the saw to move it
Why We Like It
These particular miter saw stands could do with some upgrades but for the price, it’s really a pretty great option. We like this budget-friendly option because it’s easy to work with and has a great price tag!
3. Bosch Portable Gravity Rise Miter Saw Stand with Wheels
In terms of the best miter saw stands, this is another really great option! Not only does it have wheels that are designed for both stability and mobility but it has a gravity rise system for the saw. This is a nice boost that typically costs a bit extra but is pretty nice to work with. This heavy duty miter saw stand (Bosch T4B) can sometimes be hard to find in stock but it is well worth the investment if you do.
The Bosch T4B gravity rise functionality of the Bosch T4B lets you set up and tear down easily. You can leave your miter saws attached to the stand and roll it on and off the job site with this miter saw stand. The material support exceeds 16 feet and actually provides you with up to 18 feet of support for your material.
This miter saw stand is universal and can work with multiple brands of miter saws. It is a heavy duty stand that is mde with steel material and is super easy to use, despite being a premium saw stand. It is unclear how much weight this can support but some statements show up to 500 pounds weight.
- Support up to 500 pounds weight capacity
- A top of the line miter saw
- Material support up to 18 feet
- Easy to use and move around with gravity rise feature
- Miter stand universally designed to house any miter saw
- Premium option at a premium price
- Customer and material parts support is awful considering what you pay for this stand
Why We Like It
The Bosch T4B is certainly a top-notch stand. Even though their customer service is a bit lacking but we think that may be related to the fact that there are rarely issues with their quality. This is a great miter saw stand that is well worth the price tag.
4. Bora Portamate Miter Saw Stand Work Station
The Bora Portamate PM 4000 is another of the premium miter saw stands on the market. It’s made to be heavy duty and it is a bit unique in design. This stand is on wheels and has a full work surface. It closely resembles a miter stand work stable with material support that is easy to maneuver and use. This stand is functional and versatile with wheels and a tilting table space for your saw on the stand.
Each folding wing is 30 inches in length so in total you get 90 inches of workspace. The stand is easy to move around on wheels, and folds down into a cube shape to be fully portable to different work sites. This is portable and stable in one easy stand and it has a lot of work space for a miter saw stand.
This stand has a 400 pound weight capacity and give you plenty of material capacity for working, no matter where you are with your stand. Our favorite feature might just be the tilting table top so you can simply rotate your miter saw and pack up and go.
- Premium quality stand
- Can handle weight up to 400 pounds
- Plenty of material support space
- Easy to fold up have a mobile miter saw
- Uniquely designed as a work bench and stand
- Folding the stand takes some getting used to, it’s not as easy as it looks
- The mounting table is most compatible with small saws, despite the weight capability
Why We Like It
The Bora PM 4000 is a folding miter saw stand best described as a step above the rest. It is really one of the best designed to provide reliable portability and functionality in a simple design. It has plenty of space and makes a great stand with solid and reliable design.
5. Tacklife Folding Universal Miter Saw Stand
Here is another budget-friendly types of miter saw stand. If you don’t need all of the premium qualities but do need a reliable stand for a decent price. This stand has a quick release and attach mounting system. It is easy to assemble and that will make it easy to use as a portable miter saw stand option.
This stand has folding legs and a universal saw mounting capacity. The support arms are sturdy and extend to a total of 76 inches. The stand is lightweight without making it uneven surfaces. You get a 330 pound weight capability on this sturdy and durable stand. This stand even weighs less than 35 pounds, making it easy to transport or store between uses.
The universal design makes it easy to attach and detach as needed. There are roller and end stops to increase stability and reduce friction so you can cut accurately. This stand does not have wheels but with weight allowance, it’s plenty versatile and stable.
- Can handle weight up to 330 pounds
- Easy to attach and remove for transport
- Has a good support length for material
- 2-year warranty included
- Budget-friendly option with a lot of great features
- No wheels means you either need two people or to tear down to move
- The balance can be uneven if your foundation isn’t stable
Why We Like It
If you check out the ratings on this one, you will find it is one of the better budget-friendly options out there. It’s well-priced but also well-made so you won’t feel like you just took the cheap way out and regret it!
How to Cut Quarter Round with a Miter Saw
Want to learn how to cut quarter round with a miter saw? In this guide, we will walk you through the process from start to finish so you can put it to use on your own!
Buyer’s Guide to the Best Miter Saw Stand
Now that you’ve seen our top 5 picks for the best miter saw stand, it’s time to understand just what you might want to look for in a stand. There are several features that you may want to be familiar with to help you make the best decision from the best miter saw stands on the market.
The price tag doesn’t always make an option the best so let’s look at a few other things to consider.
What you will notice is that most stands provide you with a weight limit. Of course, this is for your safety, so you know just how much your stand can safely support.
Some stands can support up to 500 pounds while other stands only support 250 pounds. Be sure to pay attention to this and know how much you need not just for your saw but also for the materials that you are going to be working with the most.
Make sure the saw stand you choose can support the weight you need it to.
Another important feature to keep in mind is the material space that your stand will offer. Most stands cover a set feet of material and anything below their maximum measurement. Some of the more noteworthy stands can support up to 18 feet (and possibly more).
On the same note, some will only support up to 8-10 feet. If you work with a lot of lengthy materials, you probably want to look for something that can handle more feet. This is the best way to maintain stability while you’re working and not have to worry about things being off balance.
If you know that you will need to transport your miter saw on a regular basis, you want wheels. Yes, you could use a two-man system to pack up a non-mobile table and transport it but it is so much easier if you have wheels to help with mobility.
Some tables will fold up and provide a handle for you to wheel it to load it and unload it. Some tables have wheels but still work best when you remove the saw first. Other tables are designed to be folded up for transport while some others are not made to transport.
Just pay attention to this and know that you are getting what you need out of your stand.
We all have different budget constraints and allowances and that will certainly be something to keep in mind as you make your selection. Before you get too excited about the options, be sure to sit down and calculate just how much you are able or willing to spend in order to fulfill your needs for a miter stand.
Frequently Asked Questions
We get a lot of common questions. Some of these may have been addressed at some point in our review but we believe in keeping it simple. Here are some of our most frequent questions, answered just for you!
How to Mount a Miter Saw to a Stand?
The exact mounting instructions could vary depending on the stand that you use. However, the general idea is that there are mounting brackets or something similar that will attach to your miter saw and hold it in place on the table. You will need to check the specific instructions for whatever stand you choose to go with.
Are Miter Saw Stands Worth it?
Stands are well worth it. They give you a steady place specifically designed to work with your saw. They have mobility and workspace functionality specialized to this tool. You can also make your own miter saw stand if you feel like that is a better option for you.
Do I Need a Miter Saw Stand?
The ingenuity of these stands is simply incomparable. Do you have HAVE to have a stand? Well, technically no but a stand can be incredibly useful, regardless of whether or not you are mobile with your saw. It’s also important to consider whether or not you have a good space for your miter saw without a stand? Do you have a stable surface that you can mount it to?
If you do any type of transporting your saw from location to location, we feel a stand is almost a must, and preferable one with wheels!
What is a Miter Saw Stand Used For?
The miter saw stand is more than just a table to hold your saw. It’s a workspace specifically designed for a miter saw. It offers space and stability and is actually more likely to help reduce your chance of errors when you’re making woodcuts.
The stand is used as a workspace designated to the miter saw, with the perfect proportion of support, mobility, and stability.
If you’re in need of a new stand, or you’re just joining the party to get a stand for your miter saw, now is the time! We’ve shared some really great options here and there is truly a little something for everyone when you dig in deep.
While our favorite is the DeWalt option, we understand that everyone has different needs and budgets. This is why we worked hard to provide you with a variety of options. There’s truly enough varying options that you’re bound to find something that seems to suit your needs just right!
Now, get to work!
Choose something with wheels to ensure you are always able to move your saw as needed, even if it is just for storage purposes.
Did You Know?
You can make your own miter saw stand and tailor it to your needs. Just be aware that your stability and mobility may not be quite as effective as those options specifically designed for the task!
- ADJUSTABLE: Featuring a Bosch-exclusive, patented Gravity Rise System designed for rapid set up and easy breakdown, taking the toughest jobs to the next level
- CAPACITY: The Bosch T4B Gravity-Rise Miter saw stand has up to 18 feet of material capacity, the highest capacity among fully portable units
- PORTABLE: Built with 8-Inch pneumatic wheels for ease of transport over jobsite terrain with even the heaviest miter saws attached
- UNIVERSAL: Featuring Rapid Release tool mounts - for use with most major competitors miter saws. Adjustable out feed -up to 12 inch in height
- DURABLE: Equipped with adjustable leveling feet for stability and durability on uneven surfaces. Material - Steel
- Universal design of DEWALT miter saw stand works with all brands of miter saws
- Compact design of DEWALT miter saw stand allows easy transport and storage
- Lightweight aluminum construction (29.8 lbs.) allows for easy transport to and from the jobsite
- 40-inch beam extends to support up to 10 ft. of material and up to 500 lbs.
- Legs provide superior support and fold for easy storage
- Universal design fits nearly every miter saw on the market, including all WEN miter saws
- Collapsible rolling stand features two 8-inch never-flat wheels for simple transportation and storage
- Sturdy 1-1/2-inch diameter steel frame elevates your miter saw 33 inches off the ground
- Extend the support arms anywhere from 32 to 79 inches to support boards up to 10.5 feet long
- Includes three onboard 15A 120V outlets, two height adjustable rollers, quick-release brackets, two table extensions, a powder-coated finish and a two-year warranty